The Governing Body at Stanstead Nursery & Primary School
Please click on this link to see who our Governors are, their areas of focus and their attendance at meetings.
Please click on this link to see Governor attendance for the prior year.
Our Chair of Governors is Mrs Della Sewell. She can be contacted through the School Business Manger (email@example.com), or in writing (see contact us).
All governors serve on all committees at Stanstead Nursery and Primary School as these have been combined into a single committee which meets termly.
We currently have two vacancies - one parent and one staff.
Patricia Vladev - Head Teacher
Teresa Terzza - Staff Governor
Della Sewell - Chair of Governors & Member
Alex Moncada - Vice Chair of Governors & Parent Governor
Deborah Saunders - Community Governor
Judith Robinson - Community Governor
Our Governing Body
All schools have a governing body which is generally composed of people from four different groups:
- The School Staff
- The Local Authority
- The Local Community
Each governor is chosen by the group they represent.
Working together, governors support the school, particularly in making key decisions about its overall vision for children’s education. As a group, we never lose sight of the school’s most important people: the children. We want the best for them trying always to keep what will improve their future life chances at the front of our thinking.
Purpose of a Governing Body
The purpose of having a governing body is to:
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets for school improvement
- keep the pressure up on school improvement
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice
- help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does
- work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff
- not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action.