Our ethos at Stanstead is ‘Children First’ and that starts with our youngest pupils. At Stanstead the children in the Foundation Unit are assessed and catered for in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
The children in Nursery and Reception follow the ’Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum 2012’. There are seven areas of development.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure)
- Understanding of the World (includes ICT)
- Expressive Art and Design