To help your child with their numeracy you can practise the following:-
- Counting forwards and backwards in 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Say the days of the week.
- Say the months of the year.
- Read, write and order numbers to 10, 20 and then 100.
- Doubles up to 5 + 5 and then when confident go up to 10 + 10.
- Say pairs of numbers that make 10, e.g. 7 + 3, 6 + 4....... When confident, pairs of numbers which make 20.
- Say the number that is 1 more and 1 less than numbers to 10, 20 and then 100.
Every Friday your child will receive a numeracy worksheet to complete and hand in the following week. This will be related to the work we have covered that week.
To help your child with their literacy it is important to:-
- Read with them as often as you can, please write in their diary when you have listened to them read.
- Learn their spellings each week. When practising their spellings it is helpful for the child to write the 'spelling' in a sentence so that they can practise finger spaces, capital letters and full stops.